Research shows that diet and mental health are linked.
Try these 6 foods for a boost.
1. Protein-rich foods like eggs can stabilize blood sugar levels in the brain.
2. Prebiotic fiber in artichokes, garlic, onions, leeks, and bananas can reduce the stress hormone.
3. Omega-3 fats in mackerel, salmon, and tuna can help relieve symptoms of brain disorders.
4. The magnesium in avocados can relieve depression and anxiety.
5. Fermented foods like kombucha support mood and brain health.
6. Polyphenols in dark chocolate, berries, and red grapes benefit the gut microbiome, which promotes mental health.