Dublin, January 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The report analyzing the market size, share and trends of Omega-3 Dietary Supplements by Source (Fish Oil, Krill Oil), by Shape (Soft Gels, Capsules), by Functionality and by Ending -Users, by Sales Channel, by Region and Segment Forecast, Report 2020-2027 “has been added ResearchAndMarkets.com Offer.
The global omega-3 nutritional supplement market size is forecast to reach USD 9.88 billion by 2027 and grow at an annual growth rate of 8.4% from 2020 to 2027.
The demand for omega-3 nutritional supplements is expected to be driven by the geriatric population’s increased acceptance of the product to meet daily nutritional needs and maintain optimal organ health in developed countries such as the US, Canada, UK and France.
In addition, from early 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak led to heightened consumer awareness of the importance of immunity and immunity boosting products, which is expected to fuel demand for various omega fatty acid products. The increased incorporation of gum form products with novel flavors is expected to increase product penetration in children in the years to come.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an omega-3 fatty acid that contains over 93.0% omega-3 fats in the retina and 97.0% in the human brain. The increasing demand for DHA supplements for pregnant women is expected to drive the market due to the lack of adequate DHA in the diet. In addition, increasing demand for omega-3 DHA-rich nutritional supplements from non-lactating mothers is expected to drive product demand over the forecast period.
Rising chronic diseases such as stroke, arthritis, coronary heart disease and cancer are likely to drive demand for omega-3 supplements in the years to come. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), over 14 million people between the ages of 30 and 70 die each year as a result of chronic diseases. Increasing government support for supplying consumers with low-cost preventive medicines is expected to fuel demand for omega-3 dietary supplements over the forecast period.
Highlights of the Omega 3 Supplements Market Report
- Referring to the source, krill oil-based omega-3 supplements are expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of 11.1% worldwide over the projected timeframe due to growing consumer demand for eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and DHA-based supplements.
- Due to its functionality, the Cardiovascular Health segment had a share of over 37.0% of total sales in 2019. The increasing prevalence of cardiovascular disease as a result of the slow and inactive lifestyle, especially in the 30 to 40 age group, is expected to spur segment growth over the next few years.
- The market in China is expected to see significant growth in the coming years due to the driving output capacity of consumers. The easy online availability of these dietary supplements in the country has also boosted demand in the country.
- Strong mass distribution channels, online sales, and a growing number of stand-alone mass brands from multiple companies, including Optimum Nutrition; Herbalife International of America, Inc .; Now Foods. And Amway are the key factors likely to drive demand for fish oil-based omega-3 supplements in the years to come.
- In September 2020, Aker BioMarine launched a new aid ship at the Yantai shipyard in China. The launch of the new ship reassured stakeholders that the lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic has not affected the company.
Main topics covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and scope
Chapter 2. Summary
Chapter 3. Market Variables, Trends and Scope
3.1. Industry outlook
3.1.1. Parent market outlook
3.1.2. Related market outlook
3.2. Mapping of penetration and growth prospects
3.3. Analysis of the industry’s value chain
3.3.1. Analysis of the most important commodity trends
3.3.2. Procurement best practices
3.3.3. Technology overview
184.108.40.206. Manufacturing trends
3.3.4. Profit margin analysis
220.127.116.11. Average sales price analysis
3.3.5. Sales channel analysis
3.3.6. Analysis of the supplier selection criteria
3.4. Legal framework
3.4.1. Standards and conformities
3.4.3. Provisions for food supplements
3.5. Omega 3 Supplements Market: Market Dynamics
3.5.1. Market driver analysis
3.5.2. Market Restraint Analysis
3.5.3. Challenges for the industry
3.6. Enterprise Environmental Tools Analysis: Omega-3 Nutritional Supplements Market
3.6.1. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.6.2. PESTLE analysis
3.7. Analysis of the most important strategic deals and strategic alliances
3.8. Effects of COVID-19
Chapter 4. Omega-3 Dietary Supplement Market: Source Estimates and Trending Analysis
4.1. Omega-3 Dietary Supplements Market: Source Movement Analysis, 2019 & 2027
4.2. Fish oil
4.3. Krill oil
4.4. Algae oil
Chapter 5. Omega-3 Nutritional Supplements Market: Forms Estimates and Trend Analysis
5.1. Omega 3 Supplements Market: Form Movement Analysis, 2019 & 2027
5.4. Soft gels
Chapter 6. Omega-3 Nutritional Supplements Market: Feature Estimates and Trending Analysis
6.1. Omega 3 Supplements Market: Functional Motion Analysis, 2019 & 2027
6.2. Cardiovascular health
6.2.1. Market assessments and forecasts, 2016-2027 (in million USD)
6.3. Brain, nervous system and mental health
6.4. Eye diseases
Chapter 7. Omega-3 Nutritional Supplements Market: End-User Estimates and Trending Analysis
7.1. Omega 3 Supplements Market: End User Motion Analysis, 2019 & 2027
7.4. Pregnant woman
Chapter 8. Omega-3 Dietary Supplement Market: Distribution Channel Estimates and Trend Analysis
8.1. Omega-3 Dietary Supplements Market: Distribution Channel Movements Analysis, 2019-2027
Chapter 9. Omega-3 Dietary Supplements Market: Regional Estimates and Trend Analysis
9.1. Regional motion analysis and market share, 2019 & 2027
9.2. Omega 3 Supplements Market: Regional Exercise Analysis, 2019 & 2027
Chapter 10. Competitive Landscape
10.1. Important global players and the latest developments as well as their effects on the industry
10.2. Important company / competition categorization (key innovators, market leaders, emerging players)
10.3. Supplier landscape
10.3.1. List of the most important distributors and Chanel partners
10.3.2. Key customers
10.4. Public companies
10.5. Private company
Chapter 11. Company Profiles
- Nordic Naturals, Inc.
- NutriGold Inc.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- Pharma Nord BV
- i-Health, Inc.
- Aker BioMarine AS
- Luhua Biomarine (Shandong) Co., Ltd.
- Pharmavite LLC
- KD Pharma Group
- NOW groceries
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Natrol LLC
- Carlson Laboratories
- Optimum Nutrition, Inc.
- GO Pharma
- Vital Choice Wild Seafood & Organics, Spc
- The Nature’s Bounty Co.
Please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/w897kh for more information on this report
Research and Markets also offers custom research services that provide focused, comprehensive, and bespoke research.