Photo by Jusfilm
By Efrat Vulfsons
If you’re looking to lead a healthier life or lose weight, you’ve come to the right place. Here we are going to discuss what a plant-based diet is and which of the best Plantraw plant-based snacks to eat.
In recent years the food industry has seen a huge shift towards a plant-based diet. Nowadays, more people are excited to see what their food is made of and how it can be helpful for their health.
Identifying what to eat and what not to eat can be challenging when switching from a regular diet. But the benefits of a plant-based diet are immense, cannot be ignored, and simply cannot be avoided. According to The Recipe Guru, plant-based food sales grew 20% in 2018, reaching $ 3.3 billion, and significantly outperforming other food sales.
But what is a plant-based diet? What are their potential benefits? Let’s dive in.
What is a plant-based diet?
Unlike other traditional diets, there is no specific plant-based diet. Typically, a plant-based diet focuses on eating mostly whole plant-based foods with little or no animal products.
Animal products include meat such as beef, pork, chicken and seafood, and eggs and dairy products. As a result, a plant-based diet can often be confused with a vegan or vegetarian diet:
- Vegan: Meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products or foods made from animal products are not included.
- vegetarian: Vegetarians are those who do not eat any animal products either. However, some vegetarians eat eggs and dairy products.
- Vegetable: It consists of whole plant-based foods with a small amount of meat that can still be consumed.
In addition, a plant-based diet does not indicate the number of calories or the percentage of macronutrients.
Benefits of plant foods
As mentioned above, a plant-based diet has many health benefits. Let’s break down some of these.
1. Lose weight
With more than 69% of Americans being overweight or obese, it’s good news that diet and lifestyle changes can make weight loss easier and have lasting health effects. Research has shown that a plant-based diet can be helpful for weight loss.
The high fiber content of the WFPB (whole foods plant-based) diet, as well as the elimination of processed foods, are a win-win for losing excess pounds. A study of 65 overweight adults found that those who followed a WFPB diet lost more weight than those who maintained that 4.2 kg weight loss over a year of follow-up.
So a plant-based diet can help you maintain weight loss over the long term.
2. Improve health conditions
Not only will a plant-based diet help you lose weight, but it can also reduce your risk and relieve the symptoms of various incurable diseases.
- Heart disease– The quality and your food preferences are very important. Unhealthy diets of sugary beverages, fruit juices, and refined grains were linked to a slightly increased risk of heart disease. For this reason, it is important to eat a plant-based diet to minimize the risk of such diseases.
- cancer– Research has shown that a plant-based diet is the most comprehensive protection against colorectal cancer and reduces the risk by 43% compared to non-vegetarians.
- diabetes– A plant-based diet has been linked to a reduction in the risk of type 2 diabetes by around 50% compared to non-vegetarian diets. A plant-based diet also improves blood sugar control in people with diabetes.
Plantraws plant-based snacks that you must try
Plantraw is an e-commerce store that only sells plant-based, gluten-free, and vegan snacks. It is consumer driven and aims to provide nutritious foods to its consumers. Let’s take a look at the best herbal products that are worth trying.
1) Cocoa Date Truffle
Cocoa date truffles are a raw product that is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other micronutrients. These truffles are nutritious and natural, as a cocoa-based indulgence can likely be. However, ordinary chocolate is often processed, cooked and loaded with refined sugar in the Netherlands.
Cocoa date truffles do not produce spike in blood sugar like refined sugar. Instead, this fiber acts as a prebiotic substrate for the microbiota that populate the digestive tract.
2) Raw chips
Since all products are keto certified, raw chips are no exception. Raw chips are made up of omega 3, fiber and vegetable protein, including all the necessary amino acids. It is made up of fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other micronutrients. No sugar, sweeteners, chemicals or additives are added to raw chips.
3) ice collar
Ice crage is a plant-based ice cream that is grown on trees. It is not boiled or heated and does not contain sugar or sweeteners. Instead, it’s sweetened with whole, organic, high-fiber dates. It is also made up of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, flavonoids, and other micronutrients. The best thing about ice collars is that they are compatible with paleo, raw, vegan, and gluten-free diets.
With this in mind, a plant-based diet focuses on a minimally processed diet and offers several benefits for our health as well.
A plant-based diet can contribute to weight loss, heart health, chronic disease risk, and the environment. To keep your body healthy you need to make some changes in your diet and lifestyle as it is important that your body is getting the nutrients it needs.